Monday, January 19, 2015

Opening weekend

Opening weekend was supposed to be the very first weekend in January but two nights before my husband claimed to have not known it was THAT exact weekend. (he's my handyman and there were still finishing touches needed before we could open)  It's all I've been talking about for over two months.  And we live together.  I just wasn't getting how this could happen.  I found myself at the "loose it" or let it go" crossroads (and any number of other things in between).  The lesson I have been getting over and over again about this Pie Parlor is to not get attached to certain outcomes.  So I let it go and although we were not up and running (more like up and crawling) this last weekend I did open it up with Darcey Blue being my very first parlor guest.

She showed up around 10:30 and stayed until 4:00ish and we just sat and visited and ate pie.  And more pie.  With hours of visiting.  This is how I first imagined it just three years ago.  Lots of visiting, some pie eating and now I've added making art to my days.



Day two had Katherine (Michaels Sisters), Michael & Tim (Katherine's Husband).  I shop at the local gardening establishment called Tierra Designs where Katherine is the manager.  Last time I was there I told her about the Pie Parlor, gave her my business card and next thing you know we got company!

 I am so very pleased with Opening Weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment